The articles will be written in Romanian and in English.
The article have to be accompanied by the declaration on its own responsibility regarding the originality of the article’s content.
- Important to remember
- Review of Financial Studies is structured in two sections: Studies and Research (with research articles and various studies in the field) and Opinions (includes materials on good practices, essays, personal opinions, financial books of reviews).
- All articles must present original research work that has not been published or sent for publication elsewhere. Papers presented at conferences are accepted provided that they have not been published in full in the conference volume.
- Review is published biannually, respectively in May and November. The manuscripts must be sent by March 31st for the May volume and by September 30th for the November volume
- The articles from the Studies and Research section should be 10-15 pages in B5 format (the format may downloaded at the end of this guide) written with Times New Roman, character 10, one row spaced. Articles from the Opinions section are not limited as pages. The use of diacritics is mandatory for the Romanian version.
- The articles must be saved using the Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx format). The name of the file will include the author’s name and surname (eg, surname_name).
- The articles must be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning also the section where the work is to be framed (studies and research/ opinions)
- Recommendations on the structure and writing of an article
Title of the article
The title should faithfully reflect the content of the article. As search engines give the title the highest importance, it is crucial that the title includes the terms that are likely to be used by readers to search for articles on the same topic.
The summary should contain enough information to allow readers to appreciate the nature and significance of the topic. It should highlight the article’s objectives, research method, data collection and processing, and the main results. In order to increase the visibility of the article, the abstract should reiterate key words and phrases that are defining the article, while avoiding unnecessary repetitions.
The author should enumerate 4-7 key terms (words or phrases) in a decreasing order of relevance that capture the essence of the paper, ensuring the correspondence with the title and the article summary, in the spirit of the recommendations made.
The article must be classified according to the JEL (Journal of Economic Literature) classification, specifying the relevant category code, with the article fitting to either one or more categories, as the case may be.
The JEL classification can be accessed here.
The introduction should allow the reader to familiarize with the content of the paper in question, reiterating the key words defining the article in question. It should specify the scope of the article, and the final part should it will refer to the issues / concepts that will be further addressed in the article.
Main body of the article
The article must be the result of research in the field. The structure of the article must be logical and clearly highlighted by titles and subtitles appropriately hierarchical in line with the methodology of editing scientific texts. In order for the readers to better understand the authors’ approach, the material would include the following: Review of the scientific literature, Research methodology, Results and recommendations.
It has the role of synthesizing the contributions of the work, of highlighting its importance and of indicating the possible future directions of research.
- Formatting rules
The title of the article is capitalized, with Impact 14, bold, centered at the top of the page.
The names of the authors is to be written under the title of the paper, spaced at one row, centered, specifying: university or institution, city, country. TNR, 11, bold, using lower case letters. In the footnote, on the first page, you specify who the contact person is and his/her e-mail address.
The summary is to be written TNR, 10, one-row spaces with 100-200 words. Abbreviations are to be avoided. The English abstract will be written in TNR, 10, italic.
Key-words will be written in order of importance, TNR characters 10.
The body of the paper will be written in Times New Roman, character 10, one row spaced.
Tables and figures must be dimensioned and placed in the body of the work as the authors want to appear in the review. They must fit on a single page. Their content is to be written with Times New Roman, 10, and the title of the columns of the tables be written with Times New Roman, 10, bold. The title and number of tables is to be positioned above them, and the title and number of figures below them. Where appropriate, the source should also be mentioned. The number of tables and figures is to be placed in the body of the text, in a bracket where reference is made to them, for example: ( Figure 1), ( Table 1).
The charts must be clearly executed in such a way as to provide black and white copies as readable as possible.
Equations and formulas are to be numbered, placing their numbers in brackets, to their right.
Abbreviations and acronyms are to be explained the first time they appear in the text of the article.
References, citations and bibliography
Review of Financial Studies requires Harvard style of referencing as it is developed and published by UK Ruskin University.
The authors must carefully follow the guide that can be consulted online here.
Highlights for the correct development of the articles may be found here.
The logical link between the title of the article, summary, keywords, content and conclusions must be followed with consistency.
Articles that do not meet all the requirements of this guide will not be accepted for publication.
Only the papers accepted by the Scientific Council will be published.
The paper submitted for review in order to be published in the Review of Financial Studies will be accompanied by a declaration on its own responsibility regarding the originality of the article’s content fulfill and signed by the authors.
The Declaration can be accessed here.